The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is dedicated to sustainable agriculture research, extension and education. Our goals are to
- provide new economic opportunities in rural and urban communities,
- develop technologies that promote a cleaner and healthier environment,
- educate the next generation of farmers, consumers, and scientists, and
- engage all citizens in the food system.
Our mission is to develop and promote food and farming systems that
- protect the environment,
- strengthen local communities, and
- provide economic opportunities in North Carolina and beyond.
Visit the CEFS website to learn more on how you can become involved!